- Manufacturer: Southerly
- Price: £149,950
- Location: Chatham, Kent
- Year: 2009
- LOA: 35'6" (10.82m)
- Beam: 11' 9'' (3.57m)
- Berths: 6
- Draft: 2.18
- Keel: Lifting Keel
- ID no.: 38377
- Cabins: 2
- Aircon: No
- Heating: Yes
- Heads: 1
- Showers: 1
- Watertank Size: 181 Litres
- Engine Make: Yanmar 3YM30
- Horsepower: 29hp
- Drive Type: Shaft drive
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Tank Size: 194 Litres
- Cruise Speed: 6.0 Knots
- Top Speed: 7.5 Knots
- Engine Hours Port: 1385
This is one of the last Southerly 35RS's to be built. The hull was moulded in 2009 to 2010 specification and handed over in April 2010. She has had two previous owners. She has two double cabins with the owners cabin aft with a good sized heads for a yacht of this size. The Southerly 35RS is very light and airy below and offers raised saloon seating which provides good all round visibility when sat dining especially when at anchor.
This particular yacht has been well maintained and has an electric lifting keel, bow thruster, electric anchor windlass, self-tacking jib, cockpit enclosure and all-over winter cover. as well as an array of navigation equipment.
This Southerly 35RS offers up to five berths, with two double sleeping cabins
separate from the main saloon/galley accommodation with 6' 2" to 6' 6" headroom. The interior is finished in light beechwood
The forecabin has a generous sized V-berth with stowage beneath, hanging locker, a long cupboard, shelves, electric fan, port lights and opening hatch to foredeck. It has curtains to port lights It has a very light and airy feel to it.
Aft of the forecabin and to port is the Heads which has a Jabsco manual marine toilet,
with 78 litre holding tank, shower, washbasin with hot and cold pressurised water and storage beneath. . Blind to window.
Opposite the heads is the linear galley which is to starboard. The galley is equipped with a Plastimo Neptune 2500 gimballed 2-burner gas cooker with separate grill and oven, twin stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressurised water, stainless
steel front opening fridge and lots of storage cupboards. It has Corian worktops with a built-in bin.
The saloon is raised to port and has a C-shaped settee area with adjustable pedestal table, all upholstery is in a Nova fabric (colour bluebell) sideboard, shelves and stowage
areas. Excellent natural light is provided by the deck saloon style windows, with three small opening hatches for ventilation. Blinds to all windows.
Opposite the saloon table is the chart table which is forward facing and to starboard with instrumentation, electrical panel. The raised seating to the chart table provides a good view forward and enables the yacht to be steered from within the cabin. Aft of the chart table is a hanging/wet locker and stowage.
There is a walkway to aft cabin. which is fitted with a large double berth, seating areas, vanity unit, one hanging locker, large cupboard with shelves, electric fan, and opening
port lights. Curtains to all windows. A Ferguson LCD TV with DVD player in aft cabin. Music stereo system.
This yacht has excellent ventilation throughout which is provided by numerous opening hatches and port lights, together with electric fans in the fore and aft cabins. Coldwater and pressurised hot system via calorifier with a 240v immersion coil.
The yacht whilst light and airy has a cosy feel to it which is enhanced by the Eberspacher Airtronic D4 diesel fired warm air heating system with three outlets.
The cockpit is very spacious and has good storage space, but importantly feels very safe and secure.
Mechanical and Rigging
Sails and Spars:
This Southerly 35 RS is a masthead rigged sloop with a deck stepped anodised aluminium mast and boom by Selden. It has a Stainless steel bowsprit for a Gennaker. Solid kicker. Stainless steel standing rigging. Terylene running rigging. It has a Fully battened slab reefing mainsail system with with 3 reefs, roller bearing cars and lazyjacks. Mainsheet traveller with control lines. Furlex headsail furling system. Self tacking jib track. All lines led aft to cockpit.2 x steps on mast. Adjustable backstay.
- 2 x Lewmar 40ST self tailing sheet winches
- 1 x Lewmar halyard winch.
- Mainsail (Hyde Sails – Tri-radial 8.11 Warp drive Race) – New August 2016 -
- Furling jib (Hyde Sails - Tri-radial 8.11 Warp drive Race) – New August 2016- Condition Good
- Gennaker in red/white/blue with snuffer - 2010 -Condition Good
- Storm jib - 2010 - Unused
Located beneath the companionway in easily accessible, removable sound insulated engine box, Yanmar 3YM30 29hp 3-cylinder diesel engine (engine hours - 1385 as of August 2021). Fresh water cooled. Single lever controls with electric start. Shaft drive with rope cutter to fixed 3-bladed Flexifold folding propeller. Bronze stern tube with water lubricated stern gland. 182 Litre fuel tank with sediment trap and line filter. Speed seal Life impeller protection system. Lewmar bow thruster with control on binnacle The engine was last serviced in April 2021 and is in excellent condition.
3 x 12 volt batteries (replaced in 2019 and 2020) charged via 60 amp engine alternator. Battery isolator switches. Shore power system. Mastervolt Charge master 50 amp battery charger and immersion coil for water heating. NASA 20w solar panel on coach roof for charging engine battery. Electrical distribution panel. Full LED cabin lighting with reading lights over bunks and chart light.
- 15kgBruceanchorwith10mchainand30mwarp ·35IbPloughkedgeanchorinlocker
- Quick electric anchor windlass with chain counter and controls on foredeck and at helm
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and grab rails
- Stainless steel gates in lifelines to port and starboard with removable ladder ·Stainless steel concealed bathing ladder on transom
- Stainless steel stemhead fitting with twin bowroller ·Spring cleats amidships with stainless steel chafe guards ·Stainless steel grab handles one either side of coachroof
- Stainless steel seats with teak in both aft corners of the cockpit
- Sprayhood, cockpit cover including( with S/S frame), binnacle cover and zipped mainsail cover/lazybag in blue. The cockpit cover provides complete cover to the stern from sprayhood to rear including zipped side and rear entrances. Colour co-ordinated to canvass work.
- Outboard bracket on pushpit.
- Ensign staff and red ensign
- Hot and cold transom shower
- 2 x Winch handle pockets
- Teak cockpit table (detachable)
- 6 x Fenders (three ball fenders)
- 6 x Warps
- Fully fitted Winter cover from bow to stern allowing full protection to decks and cockpit.
- Plastimo compass
- Raymarine Ray49E DSC VHF radio with cockpit speaker
- Raymarine ST60+ echosounder over hatch
- Raymarine ST60+ speed/log over hatch
- Raymarine ST60+ wind instrument over hatch
- Raymarine A95 GPS chart plotter with radar on binnacle - (upgraded 2021)
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot on binnacle and also at chart table
- Electric lift keel control, remote windlass control and bow thruster control all
operated on binnacle
- Raymarine ST60+ Graphic at chart table
- Raymarine radar scanner on mast (upgraded 2017)
- CD/radio stereo system with 2 Fusion cockpit speakers and 2 x internal speakers
- Full navigation light system incorporating bow, stern, masthead tricolour with
all round white, deck flood and steaming lights
- 2 x Fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- Radar reflector
- Throwing line
- Emergency tiller
- Seago 4-man liferaft (serviced 5/2/14)
- 2 x Harness eyes
- 4 x Lifejackets
- 2 x Harnesses
- Gas cut off tap
- Engine compartment extraction system
- Manual and 2 x electric bilge pumps
Southerly 35RST built in 2010 by Northshore Ltd. to a design by Rob Humphreys and Northshore Design. Ivory white GRP hull with style stripes, superstructure and decks with moulded non-slip surfaces. Northshore's patented Nordseal anti-osmosis system with clear gelcoat beneath waterline. Teak laid cockpit seats and sole. Teak deck capping. Lifting keel
with electrically operated hydraulic system and locking pin, to lock the keel up and take the load off the lifting tackle (new Dyneema in 2014). Lewmar wheel steering to skeg (designed to protect propeller and rudders when drying out) with twin rudders. Aft self draining cockpit. Bathing platform with hot and cold shower. Self draining anchor stowage locker. Gas bottle locker with 2 gas bottles. In 2014 the hull was coated with International Gelshield 200 for preventative purposes before Coppercoat antifouling was applied.
Owners recent upgrades:
1 All internal seating covers replaced with Nova (Bluebell) fabric
2 All canvas replaced, inc lazy bag, boot to lazy bag, sprayhood with opening window,
weather cover to sprayhood, wheel cover, full cockpit tent
3 New toilet pump
4 New Fusion cockpit speakers
5 All internal lights replaced with LED
6 Fully fitted Winter cover from bow to stern, providing complete cover to all decks and
Contact NYB Kent
Network Yacht Brokers Kent
Chatham Maritime Marina
- Telephone: [+44]  1634 571605
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer : Network Yacht Brokers Kent offers the details of this vessel for sale but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of the information contained in the specification or warrant the condition of the vessel or equipment. A buyer should instruct his agents, or surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered for sale subject to no prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.