- Manufacturer: Norfolk
- Price: £15,000
- Location: Dartmouth
- Year: 2003
- LOA: 16'0" (4.88m)
- Beam: 5' 9'' (1.75m)
- Berths: 0
- Draft: 0.61
- Keel: Displacement
- ID no.: 17F8357592
- Engine Make: Yanmar 1GM10
- Horsepower: 10hp
- Drive Type: Shaft drive
- Fuel Type: Diesel
For sale 16ft Norfolk Crabber. Skifter presents a rare opportunity to purchase a 16ft Norfolk Crabber that was built and designed for her current owner originally used in Scotland and now based on the Dart. She has been fitted with a 750lb Slave pot hauler on foot controls making her a perfect little recreational potting boat! She comes with a trailer so can be towed away if required.
History (owners comments)
Skifter was purchased by the current owner direct from Perry Long and delivered to Scotland where it was used for pleasure and some potting activities. In 2009 it was taken to Kingswear (Dartmouth) where during the summer season of end May to mid September it has been on the inner trot of the Royal Dart Yacht Club. In the winters it has always been double canvas protected and under cover in a life boat shed in Wick and in a farmers barn in Kingswear. It is only for sale now because the main user is now in his 84th year and not quite as nimble as he used to be.
Mechanical and Rigging
Make: 16ft Norfolk Crabber
- Designed and made by Stratton Long Marine Ltd and launched at Ackergill Tower in Sinclairs Bay, Scotland in 2003.
- The hull is moulded in SL workshops in simulated clinker, white finished with contrasting blue top strake.
- The stem, keel and stern sections are reinforced to 12oz layup. The main frames are laminated with 4oz CSM
- The built-in buoyancy is glassed in fore and aft and under the side seats
- The top edge of the hull mounting is finished in a hard wood mahogany gunwale bright varnished as are the side seats, engine box and washboard.
- The floorboards are laid fore and aft with access to the bilges. For season 2017 rotten engine bearings (originally in soft wood) were replaced and measured and re-made in oak. Fitted and bonded in place, painted out with floor bearers. New floorboards throughout from 3 FEQ teak board 11’6”x15”x2”.
- The seat slats in pine had all varnish coatings removed in 2004. Degreased and 4 coats of International Wood skin applied.
- The engine is a Yanmar 1GM10 diesel, flexible mounted and seawater cooled. Engine box lined with sound proofing. The engine has single level controls and drives a three-blade propeller through a stainless steel shaft. The engine apart from general maintenance and up keep has worked flawlessly during its life time. Basic maintenance at end of each season including changed engine oil and filter. Anodes changed if required. Diesel tank left full over winter to avoid condensation.
- The hull has been “copper bottomed” to float line to avoid necessity of anti-fouling.
- The sailing rig is a tan Gunter rig main sail, loose footed with a jib on a furling spar. There is a small section on the roller missing but providing some light tension maintained on the pulling in line when sailing this presents no problem.
- Mainsail and self furling genoa are made by Jeckells
- The mast and gaf are pine, finished bright varnish. The standing rigging is stainless steel with synthetic running rigging and tugnol blocks. The sheets are led to jamming blocks replaced in 2020.
- In 2018 a “whale” battery driven self bailing system was installed. In all weather and for long periods it has kept Skifter dry .Has never failed.
- In order to improve the ease of stepping and lowering the mast a tailored deck mounted tabernacle was fitted in 2014. Absolutely perfect for single handed use.
- A 750lb Slave pot/line hauler by Spencer Carter installed 2003 Used to lift strings of 4 pots on separate battery fitted. Foot controls. Also used for pulling up anchor.
- Road trailer RM Model 2B20C keel and side rollers, spare wheel and bracket immersion kit and coupling lock. Sealed bearings. It was serviced in June 2021 and had very little use.
- Canvas covers.
- Depth and fish finder.
- Wired for plotter.
- 4 x warps
- 8 x fenders
- Anchor and chain
- Boarding ladder
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Contact NYB Dartmouth
Network Yacht Brokers Dartmouth
- Telephone: [+44]  1803 834 864
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to full office details
Disclaimer : EQ Marine Ltd t/a Network Yacht Brokers Dartmouth offers the details of this vessel for sale but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of the information contained in the specification or warrant the condition of the vessel or equipment. A buyer should instruct his agents, or surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered for sale subject to no prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.