- Manufacturer: Moody
- Location: Dartmouth, Devon
- Year: 1972
- LOA: 36'1" (11.00m)
- Berths: 6
- Draft: 1.53
- Keel: Encased long keel
- ID no.: 171326
- Cabins: 3
- Heating: Eberspacher
- Heads: 2
- Showers: 1
- Watertank Size: 400 Litres
- Engine Make: Sole
- Horsepower: 65hp
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Tank Size: 270 Litres
- Cruise Speed: 6
- Top Speed: 7
Moody Halberdier 36 for sale. The Halberdier 36 was designed for Moodys by Alan Hill, and was the first all-GRP yacht built by the yard. A total of 29 were moulded by Marcon (Marine Construction Ltd., Plymouth), and finished by Moodys, between 1967 and 1973. Designed as a true motor-sailer the Halbadier is a genuine sailing yacht with a semi-enclosed wheelhouse, with a classic long keel and powerful ketch rig.
RUM RICKEY was built in 1972 but has undergone a comprehensive programme of re-furbishment which includes the replacement of the engine with a Sole 65hp, propshaft with rope cutter, electrics, electric head, radio, GPS, echo sounder as well as a new main and lazyjacks. All the saloon upholstery has been replaced and covered in an attractive Navy and White nautical design. The masts and boom were replaced in 2003 and the standing rigging renewed in 2002.
A great opportunity if you are looking for a boat for long distance passage making or living aboard.
reduced to sell quickly
Sleeps 6 in 4 single berths and 1 double berth in 3 cabins
- Headroom is 1.9m
- There are 240v 3−pin sockets throughout the vessel.
- Eberspacher warm air heating
Located amidships houses the helm position with navigation instruments and engine controls
- Small bench seats with storage under are located port and starboard
- Sole area is hinged to give excellent access to the engine room with the warm air heater and filters readily accessible.
- Canvas canopy extends from the aft end of the wheel house roof to a frame across the aft coachroof to provide a fully enclosed wheel house
- Custom made mahogany folding cockpit table seats 4 comfortably
Access to the main saloon is via a companionway to starboard and 3 steps down.
- Navigation area is immediately to starboard with a drawer for charts
- Plastimo Neptune 2000 burner cooker, oven and grill .
- Single stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressurised water and pumped sea water is forward of the
- Isotherm fridge is fitted
- Storage above and below the galley.
Dinette (to port):
- Settee converts into a double berth
- Two folding leaf table provides ample dining space for 6
- Locker and shelf storage behind and 4 bulkhead mounted lights.
- Blue vinyl covered cushions (2006)
Wet Hanging Locker:
Through the mid−section bulkhead
- Sea toilet
- Basin with shower mixer
Accessed from the pilot house through a central companionway with steps down
- 2 x single bunks (1.85m)
- Reading lights
- Storage under bunk and in small cave lockers
- Wardrobe with shelves that houses the major electronic components
En-suite Aft heads:
- Electric heads
- Wash basin.
- 2 x bunk berths at least 1.85m length (separated by the chain pipe)
- Lockers below and small cave lockers both sides
- Access hatch on the forward bulkhead
Mechanical and Rigging
Designed by Alan Hill and moulded by Westerly Marine Construction Ltd, this is the first all glass fibre yacht type marketed by Moody. The hull was constructed to Lloyds 100A1 in 1972 which is the date declared on the Part 1 registry (now closed); the completed craft was believed launched in 1975
- Wheel house has framed teak coamings and a GRP top with an observation panel fitted.
- Screens are 6mm toughened triplex glass panels.
- All structural bulkheads are 5/8" marine ply bonded to the hull.
- Rudder blade is of mahogany and steering is via full run Torque rods.
- Hatchways are teak framed and of the 12 windows in the fore and aft coachroof, 4 are opening.
- Teak capping rail all round
- Teak hand rails
- Hull was gelstripped and epoxy coated in 1997 as a preventative treatment.
- Long keel
- Wheel steering
- 3KW Vetus bow thrusters
- Sole 65 hp (2011)
- Shaft drive to fixed pitch propeller
- Cruising speed approximately 6 knots
- Maximum speed approximately 7 knots
- Rope cutter
- Leisure battery (2011)
- Sterling battery management system (2006)
- Waeco mobitronic battery charger (2005)
- Electrics replaced (2011)
- Fuel capacity 270 litres
- Fresh water capacity 400 litres in 1 x Crewsaver flexible water tank
- Pressurised hot and cold water throughout
- Seaward calorifier (2011)
- Ketch rigged
- Gold anodised Proctor masts with Atlantic spars gold anodised main boom (2003).
- Easyreef mainsail reefing system
- Mizzen is roller reefed
- Furlex 300 genoa reefing (2003)
- Standing rigging renewed June 2002
- Whisker pole
- 2 x Mast mounted halyard winches
- 2 x Antal W40 primary self−tailing winches
- Mainsail (2011)
- Genoa (2011)
- Sestrel Moore steering compass
- Furono 1720 radar
- Simrad CA42 10" colour chart plotter (2002)
- Clipper wind instrument
- Raymarine ST6001 (2002) autopilot which operates via chain drive to the steering rod.
- GPS (2011)
- Echo Sounder (2011)
- ICS Navtex 6 (2002)
- DSC/VHF radio (2011)
Anchoring and Mooring Equipment:
- Loftrans Tigres electric windless
- Anchor and chain
- Kedge anchor
- Mooring cleats fore, midships and aft
- Warps and fenders
- Cockpit table
- 2 x Clocks and barometers
- JVC radio / DVD player
- Stainless steel davits
- Cockpit cushions
- Lodestar 2.3 metre airfloor inflatable with oars and pump
- Mainsail cover
- Mizzen cover
- 2 x horseshoe lifebelts with stainless steel cradles
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and guardwires
- Manual bilge pump and spare (2011)
Contact NYB Dartmouth
Network Yacht Brokers Dartmouth
- Telephone: [+44]  1803 834 864
- Email: email@example.com
- Link to full office details
Disclaimer : offers the details of this vessel for sale but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of the information contained in the specification or warrant the condition of the vessel or equipment. A buyer should instruct his agents, or surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered for sale subject to no prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.