This yacht offers six berths in two double cabins and the saloon. The forward cabin has double V-berth with storage beneath and storage on shelves above the berth. There is a hatch, with vent, to the deck. The forward cabin has an en-suite head with a vanity unit that has a sink with pressurised hot and cold water, a shower and a marine toilet (new 2016)
Aft of the forward cabin is the saloon that has a U shaped settee to starboard which converts to a single berth with a central table with a drop leaf which means that it can be used by people sitting on the port settee which also forms a single berth. There is lots of storage above, below and behind the berths. The saloon has approx 2 metres of headspace. There is a hatch over the table and two dorade type vents.
The galley is aft and to starboard and has a double stainless steel sink with pressure hot and cold water and manual freshwater/seawater supply. It has a lit wine glass locker under the sink with a two burner gas hob with oven, Siemens microwave and Frigoboat front loader 12v fridge and separate 12v Frigoboat top loader freezer. Gas hoses last changed in 2016. The freshwater tanks hold a total of 444 litres. Hot water is supplied from the 240V immersion heater or via the Webasto DBW 46 hot water heating and hot water system. There are cutlery drawers and a waste bin locker.
Opposite is a large navigation station that has a large chart table and an array of instruments as well as ample storage for charts and books etc.
Aft of the galley is an oilskin locker and a passage to the owner's aft cabin which is very light and has lots of storage space and a central berth with seats either side and a hatch, with vent, to the deck. It has hanging storage lockers. The aft cabin has an ensuite head with a vanity unit that has a sink with pressurised hot and cold water, a separate shower cubicle and a marine toilet new in 2016.
The upholstery is navy blue with red piping throughout.
There is a large central cockpit which has a fixed windscreen, sprayhood and cockpit enclosure. The cockpit also has backrest cave lockers.
Spars and Sails
Masthead Bermudan sloop with deck stepped twin spreader rig by Seldon. Stainless steel standing rigging replaced in 2015. Spectra running rigging renewed in 2015. In-mast furling mainsail system. Spinnaker Pole mounted up the mast. Furling Genoa with Furlex headsail furling system.Both furling systems were overhauled and serviced in 2015.
- 1 x Lewmar 40 self-tailing winch
- 2 x Lewmar 54 self-tailing Genoa winches
- 2 x Lewmar 44 self-tailing Halyard winches.
All winches and windlass were stripped, cleaned and re-greased in 2015
- Furling mainsail - Dacron, De-Vries 2003 good condition for its age, last valeted 2015
- Furling Bi-radial Genoa - Dacron, De Vries. 2003 good condition for its age. last valeted 2015
- Cruising chute with snuffer - Nylon, De Vries, 2003 very good condition last valeted 2015
Under the cockpit is a Volvo Penta MD22 4 Cylinder Diesel engine 59HP freshwater cooled via a heat exchanger. Engine was completely overhauled in 2011and has completed 605 hours since the overhaul. Shaft drive with thruster bearing to 3 blade Gori folding prop. Single lever morse controls. Stainless steel diesel fuel tank 335 litres giving a range of 600nm. Cruising speed of 6.5 knots and maximum speed of 7.5 knots.The engine was last serviced September 2018.Service history since 2010. 7HP Sleipner 12v bowthruster (new blades and oil seals 2017).
6 x 12V batteries in total, 4 x 12v 115 AH Domestic new 2011, 1 x 12v 50AH Engine start battery new 2010 and 1 x 12V 50AH Bowthruster battery new 2015. All batteries charged via engine alternator and 240v Victron 1600watt 70Amp Phoenix Multi Plus (with remote panel control) battery charger and inverter combined (new 2018). There is also agalvanic isolator fitted (new 2016)
- Compass - Sunnto 135
- VHF Radio - Shipmate RS8300 BV with cockpit connection
- Depth - B&G Networked package
- Speed/Log - B&G Networked package
- Wind speed and direction - B&G Networked package
- Autopilot - B&G Networked package
- Chartplotter - Raytheon RC530
- Charts - C-Map CO70 Netherlands and Belgium updated 2010
- AIS - Digital Yacht AIT 1000 Class B
- GPS - Philips MK9
- Radar - Furuno 1721
- Navtex - Furuno NX300
- Navigation Lights - Deck level
- Navigation Lights - Masthead level
- Clock & Barometer
- 2 x Fire Extinguishers
- 1 x Fire Blanket
- 1 x Deck light
- 2 x Horseshoe Lifebouy with floating lights and drogue new 2015
- 1 x Liferaft - 6 x person Beaufort Sealion last serviced 2015
- Emergency tiller
- 1 x Manual bilge pump
- 1 x Electric bilge pump
- Radar reflector on mast
- 1 x Anchor - Delta, 20Kg, with 50m of chain
- 1 x Electric Anchor windlass, Simpson Lawrence (new deck switch 2016)
- Sprayhood - new 2017
- Cockpit enclosure - new 2017
- Boom light with dimmer switch
- Binnacle cover - new 2017
- Bathing Platform
- Boarding ladder
- 6 x Fenders
- 4 x Warps
- Extremely robust all over winter cover in heavy canvas
- Fin wingkeel with large bulb
- Rudder with skeg
- Underwater area blasted, epoxy coated and waterline stripe made good at Contest Yard 2015
This Contest 40/42S was built by Contest Yachts in Holland in 1997 to a Dick Zaal design. The yacht has spent the most of its life in Holland and has had two previous owners including Contest in the past.
The current owner has owned the yacht since 2015 and is only selling due to health reasons. The yacht has a blue painted hull, white superstructure and teak decks with wooden rubrail. The yacht has been well maintained. She was last ashore in September 2018 when the anodes were changed. The antifoul was last replaced in June 2017 with 2 year Micron 77. Her rudder shaft seals and bearings were replaced over the winter of 2013/2014. The gas system was last inspected in 2015 and new hoses fitted in August 2016. A copy of the 2015 survey is available upon request.