Comar 100 RS
T: [+44]  1803 834 864
- Manufacturer: Comar
- Location: Limassol
- Year: 2011
- LOA: 101'8" (31.00m)
- Berths: 8
- Draft in M: Max: 5 Min: 2.50
- Keel: Fin keel
- ID no.: 171255
- Cabins: 6
- Aircon: Condaria
- Heads: 7
- Showers: 6
- Watertank Size: 1 Litres
- Engine Make: John Deere
- Horsepower: 375hp
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Tank Size: 2500 Litres
- Range: 1,000 nautical miles
- CONSTRUCTION, MECHANICAL AND RIGGING
Sleeps 8 in 1 Master Stateroom and 2 further en-suite guest staterooms plus accommodation for 4 crew in the crew accommodation aft. The 4th Cabin can be converted providing a pull out single berth above the current double berth, this cabin is currently the Captain’s cabin.
The interior of SHADOW is superbly finished in hand crafted solid teak with veneers, beautiful teak doors and satin finished varnished teak sole boards, she has white painted deckheads. The interior is finished in a simple modern classic style which is very liveable.
- Overhead wrap around windows
- C-shaped sofa
- Dining table for up to 10 people to port
- Large flat screen TV
- Coffee table which can be extended to increase the size of the dining table
- Large sofa
- 2 x electrically operated reclining arm chairs
- Navigation Area (Centreline)
- Shelves and lockers
Galley (aft, to starboard):
- Low level cupboards and drawers
- Cooker furniture with stainless steel protection
- Gimballed, 5 x burner cooker with oven
- Corian work tops are in with a stainless steel handrail.
- Stainless steel sink and taps for hot and cold water feature extractable shower for both pressurized sea water and domestic fresh water
- 2 x burner induction hob
- Smeg microwave
- 2 x Frigomar fridges with stainless steel front opening doors
- Frigomar freezer with stainless steel front opening door
- Wine fridge in main saloon
- Coffee making machine
Crew Quarters (further aft):
- Crew Mess (starboard)
- Folding dining table that is stored whilst not in use
- U shaped seating.
- Smeg washer dryer
- Helm station with chart table and navigation area on the centreline
- Crew accommodation ( port and starboard) for 4 crew in 2 generous cabins.
The spacious owner's cabin features a king sized berth to port with settee to starboard and huge amounts of storage space in drawers and hanging lockers. There is a spacious head and shower forward towards the bow.
- King sized berth (port)
- Sofa (starboard)
- Huge amounts of storage space in drawers and hanging lockers.
- Spacious head and shower forward towards the bow
- 1 x Planus bidet for the owner’s stateroom
- Stereo system
- Extra sound and vibration insulation was used to ensure total acoustic privacy of the owners cabin
Guest Cabins (Mid-ships):
Both guest cabins mid ships are twin singles each with private heads compartment with shower and the 4th guest cabin aft and to port is a double with full en-suite facilities.
- Twin singles.
- Private head and shower
- Heads in all 3 guest cabins also have a bidet function incorporated into them
4th Guest Cabin (Aft and to Port):
- Convertible (currently used as the Captain’s cabin)
- Double berth
- Full en-suite facilities
- 7 x Planus fresh water flush WCs
- 6 heads compartments have separated shower stalls for both guests and crew, which only the day head having only a WC and basin
Built in 2011 by Comar to a design by Valicelli in Italy
SHADOW is an extraordinary sailing machine. She is light, fast, well balanced and was built for rewarding sailing for her owner and his guests in all conditions. Her interior is light, airy and simply a nice place in which to spend time. She has been meticulously maintained from launch and 2015 sees a series of significant updates together with a spectacular new wardrobe. Equally at home cruising or on the regatta circuit, she also comes with an eye catching livery and sleek good looks. She is professionally maintained and she is only used privately. Despite her performance potential she has never been raced. Her lifting keel gives her the potential to enjoy many private ports and anchorages in the Mediterranean without worrying about draft. Her sail handling systems are easily managed and she offers the opportunity for rewarding sailing even in very light airs.
On deck SHADOW is stunning, with virtually full coverage flush decks, crew cockpit with twin wheels and twin navigation pods. The guests can enjoy the ride from their own very spacious cockpit area with ample seating and sunbathing space, and room for all important al fresco style dining under her bimini.
Hull, deck and superstructure:
- E-Glass and carbon composite formed over male plugs with vacuum bagged laminates and dual density Corecel foam core
- Post cured and painted in Dark Grey Awlgrip.
- All exterior surfaces are filled faired and finished with International Paint system.
- The entire deck including the steering and seating cockpits are sheeted with 10mm x 50mm teak decking quarter-sawn planks with no visible fastenings and perimeter margins to bulwark and cockpit.
- The keel fin is fabricated from high tensile steel coated and faired for underwater use, then bolted to the cast lead bulb and glass lap joined.
- Two custom internal hydraulic cylinders control the lift keel, which are fabricated by C.R.F Modena Italie, they are 6,000 watt 24V 313 amp
- The rams are ATOS HMP-011/350, controlled by a hydraulic command system to ensure a steady lift
- The keel is locked when in the down position
- In the up position, the hydraulic rams keep the keel in situ
- Keel rams removed and serviced (2017)
- Hydraulic system checked and serviced including the keel mechanism (2017)
- Elliptical in shape and fabricated of GRP with closed cell polyurethane
- Mounted on two stainless steel AISI 316 ball bearings
- Lower ring is supplied with a waterproof o-ring, the upper ring is provided with a greasing valve
- JOHN DEERE 6081 AFM75, 6 cylinder 375 HP Engine
- Twin Disc MG5061SC gearbox
- Approximately 1,360 hours as at August 2017
- Max power bow thruster controlled by the helm position.
- Steering is connected via under deck quadrant spectra lines and rudder bearings top and bottom.
- Comprehensive spares inventory and all the necessary proprietary tools for normal maintenance procedures
- Systems are all maintained by her full time crew in accordance with the Manufacturer’s recommendations
- Cortesi and Casadei electrical control board with single pole switches and LED alarms
- 24V DC system comprises total of 700 Amp of gel batteries isolated in watertight wood and GRP boxes with safety covers
- Mastervolt AGM 6V 400amp hours batteries x 8 for the hydraulics, capstan and windlass (2017)
- Mastervolt AGM 6V 400 amp hours batteries x 4 for the house bank (2017)
- 2 x LX31MF 1000MCA+110amp hour main engine and generator start battery Optima 55amp hour auxiliary generator start
- 2 x 100 Amp, 12 V engine battery in parallel
- John Deere RG6081A304554 main engine alternator
- 1 x 100 Amp, 12 V main generator battery
- 1 x 80amp 12v alternator for engine battery
- 1 x 100amp 24V alternator for service battery
- 1 x 220V 80amp Mastervolt charger for the house bank (2017)
- 1 x 220V 40 Amp Mastervolt charger for the main engine battery and generator (2017)
- Waeco Sinepower MSP2024 inverter
- Fans are fitted to all battery chargers to reduce heat when in operation
- An intelligent charging system monitors all battery banks and the charging process and has a control panel at the navigation station
- 1 x Shore power 220V 50 A 25m
- Kohler auxiliary generator 9EF0ZD generator
- Approximate engine hours 4,653 as at August 2017
- Kohler 28EF0ZD main generator
- Approximate hours 6,295 as at August 2017
- The main generator has a PTO (power take off) which powers the lift keel and other hydraulics. If the main generator is not running during periods of sailing, the power pack for the sailing hydraulics can perform this function without the PTO
- Both the main and auxiliary Kohler generators produce 220v power via transformers which can be accessed from the aft lazarette
- Pressurised hot and cold water systems throughout the yacht
- 2 x Quick 220 VAC water heaters
- 2 x Schencker water makers produce 100 litres per hour
(Both watermakers were fully overhauled and refurbished in 2017)
- San Girogio 5EIN multifunction display at the navigation station for monitoring the status of all the tanks
- Fuel capacity 2,500 litres in 4 x stainless steel fuel tanks, 1 x stainless steel day tank with a total capacity of 350 litres (76.98 gallons)
- Range at cruising speed of approximately 1,000 nautical miles
- Fresh water capacity 1,200 litres in 3 x polycarbonate water tanks (These tanks are linked and can be filled separately or in line)
- 3 x Polycarbonate grey water tanks, 270L, 160L, 240L
- 3 x Polycarbonate blackwater tanks, 270L, 160L, 240L
- The grey and black water tanks serve the owners, guests and crew accommodation with 3 separated systems. There is the option of direct discharge and also pump out either on deck or via gravity feed There is a manual override on these systems in case of need.
- Hall Spars three Spreader carbon rig with keel stepped mast, Park Venue boom and removable inner forestay
- The rig was dropped and fully inspected (2015)
- Banmar standing rigging, boom vang and backstay hydraulics
- Harken deck hardware throughout is
- Harken Black Magic tackles, Rails, cars, blocks and other gear
- Harken blocks and tracks
- Running rigging (2017)
- Hydraulic halyard tensioner
- Masthead infra-red camera for luff tension on top down furler system.
- 2 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 1120.3 winches for jib sheet
- 1 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 1120.3 winch for mainsail sheet
- 2 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 1000.3 winches for halyards and reef points
- 2 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 1000.3 winches for running and spinnaker sheets
- 1 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 60.2 winch for mainsheet traveler
- One Sails Millennium one piece main, Double Taffeta, Carbon and Technora, 3 reefs, Carbon full battens, 273.4m2 (2011)
- One Sails Millennium one piece furling genoa, as above with UV strips and foam luff, 190.8m2 (2011)
- One Sails Millennium one piece staysail, with soft hanks and removable inner forestay 116.7m2 (2011)
- One Sails cross cut Dacron Storm Tri-sail in orange, 63m2 (2011)
- One Sails cross cut Dacron Storm Jib in orange 47m2 (2011)
- One Sail A5 Matrix Tri Radial 520m2 Genneker with top down furler (2012)
- Doyle Stratis Carbon Technora Mainsail. Area 282m2, full carbon battens and Octopus logo (2015), fully serviced Spring 2017.
- Doyle Stratis Carbon Technora jib. Area 282m2 with carbon battens Turquoise taffeta, with white Dyneema finishing with Octopus logo (2015), fully serviced Spring 2017
- B and G Zeuss glass helm on both pedestals and at navigation station.
- 3 x Zeuss Touch 212 series monitors replaced 2017
- B and G H50 VHF handset
- B and G Broadband 4G radar
- B and G H5000 X6. Display
- B and G V50 VHF
- Furuno Inmarsat C mobile earth station (2015)
- Intellion dome (2015)
Anchoring and Mooring Equipment:
- Stainless steel mooring cleats
- 1 x Sanguinetti retractable mooring lines winch (replaced 2017)
- 108kg Delta main anchor
- 180m 14mm high tensile steel chain
- Lofrans electric windlas
- Practical and easy anchor position at bowsprit with stainless steel deck protector, set up for easy launch and retrieval of the anchor
- Kedge anchor in the lazarette
- Full mooring lines
- Spare lines and throw lines
- Capstan on the foredeck which retracts when not in use (2017)
- Retractable mooring cleats.
- Custom stainless steel fairleads
- Condaria HVAC heating and ventilation system with fancoils in all cabins
- LG hi-fi system
- Sony blue ray system
- BOSE surround sound system in the main saloon
- Phillips 42” LED TV in the main saloon
- Stereo system in the crew mess with Bose speakers in the forward cockpit
- Stereo system in the owners’ stateroom
- Cockpit fridge
- All hatches are custom made forward flush mounted (refurbished including new seals in 2017)
- Stainless steel dodger/bimini framework for the mid cockpit and also a bimini in the sailing cockpit that also gives protection to the helm, both in grey.
- Sprayhood for aft entrance to the crew mess and navigation station
- Goldenship 5 x person RIB with central console. Dinghy deflates to deploy in the aft dinghy garage. Garage retracts with twin hydraulic rams. There is also an access panel in the hatch for one person access if needed.
- There is a lifting crane arm extension which may be deployed from the main boom when launching the retrieving the RIB.
- Parsons 4 stroke 15hp outboard (2012).
- 2 x custom built cradles for use when SHADOW is ashore for maintenance.
- There is a stainless steel emergency tiller stored in the aft lazarette.
- Full safety audit in 2017, with replacement fire extinguishers throughout and independent automatic bilge pumps in each section of the bilge
- Automatic fire extinguisher in auxiliary generator fitted (2017)
- Custom stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchions
- Central manifold in the central bilge with the ability to pump from this and all other compartments of the ship – forward lazarette, owners’ stateroom, crew section and aft lazarette.
- Fire pump fitted in the central bilge area close and the main manifold.
- Fire hoses in both lazarettes.
- Independent Whale Gulper pumps with float switches are fitted in each section of the bilge for additional security.
- 3 grab bags
- Jon Buoy Recovery module
- 2 x Jon Buoy Dan Buoys
- Smoke floats: 2x Ikaros man overboard light and smoke MR III
- 2 x fire hoses with mains and fire pump in the forward and aft lazarettes
- Emergency VHF
- 4 x life rings
- Life raft- 2 x 12 man SOLA A pack.
- Life jackets: 8 x165n wetline, 4 x baltic race 150,
- #1 Medaire first aid pack, 7 x TPA, rations (9L water and 2500 cabers x 6), GMDSS + spare battery, flares – 3 x red hand, 3 x red parachute, 1 x orange smoke
- #2 Medaire first aid pack, TPA X5, rations (9L water and 2500 cabers x 6), emergency fish line, emergency trauma response kit
- #3 TPA X5, rations (9L water and 2500 cabers x 6), emergency fishing lines, flares – 3 x red hand held, 2 x red parachute, 1 x orange smoke
- Main flare pack- 4 x red parachute rocket, 2 x red hand held, 2 x orange smoke, 9 x white held
- Yacht life line emergency fluid management kit
- Yacht life line stitch PAC
- Yacht lifeline emergency fracture kit
- Offshore expedition medical kit
- Fire extinguishers 7 x 1kg dry powder, 2 x 9L dry powder, 1 x 3kg dry powder
- Engine room C02 system with which is automatic with a manual control also
- Automatic fire extinguisher in auxiliary generator fitted (2017).
- Fire hoses forward and aft and fire pump in central bilge
Enquire About This Comar 100 RS