Chris Craft 17 Sportsman For Sale - £20,000
T: [+44]  1803 834 864
Enquire About This Boat
- Manufacturer: Chris-Craft
- Price: £20,000
- Location: Salcombe, Devon
- Year: 1957
- LOA: 17'0" (5.18m)
- Draft in M: Max: 0.43 Min: 0.43
- Keel: Deep V
- ID no.: 171451
- Engine Make: Chris Craft KLC
- Horsepower: 120hp
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- CONSTRUCTION AND MECHANICAL
The interior is highlighted by the white steering wheel and the classic controls and gauges. The sleek styling and flowing lines of this Sportsman have automotive like feel reminiscent of the times.
Upholstery in Rosewood vinyl with white piping. Seating is offered at the stern with room for 3 and the forward seating has a space between to allow movement with seating for 2. There is ample space for storage items under the bow and alongside the seating. Access to wiring and controls is also under the dash.
Wooden Chris-Craft 17 Sportsman. Built in 1957 by Chris-Craft. HIN:# L200459
Chris - Craft was founded in 1874 by Christopher Smith in Detroit, Michigan. Specialising in luxury pleasure boats, timeless design, exquisite detailing and authentic craftsmanship are aspects which are intrinsic to Chris-Craft boats.
The Chris-Craft Sportsman was built from 1953-1959 and was was one of Chris-Craft’s most popular boats, it was designed as a basic entry level utility boat. The utility boats were born in the depression years but usurped the runabouts as the sportiest boats in the Chris-Craft line-up. If you are in the market for an antique and classic boat, look no further than this 1957 Chris-Craft Sportsman 17, Chris-Craft name is synonymous with classic wooden powerboats.
The hull is made out of solid mahogany planking with matched light and dark grains on both sides with the Chris Craft decal on side. The details continue on the bow with a chrome light assembly and a Chris Craft flag. Framed, curved Plexiglass windshield.
Imported from Florida in 1990, in the current ownership for 14 years (unused).
- Chris-Craft KFL 131 hp 6 cylinder side valve petrol engine
- Last serviced 2010 and not used since
- Shaft drive with 3 bladed propeller and rudder, thought to be nickel bronze
- Morse controls and gear shift lever
- Steel Fuel tank of unknown capacity (approx 30 gallons)
- Navigation lights
- She comes as is, and with a basic but therefore original dash and no bolt on's
Enquire About This Chris Craft 17 Sportsman