- Manufacturer: Carter
- Price: £9,000
- Location: Swale
- Year: 1981
- LOA: 30'0" (9.14m)
- Beam: 10' 2'' (3.10m)
- Berths: 6
- Draft: 1.42
- Keel: Fin Keel
- ID no.: 38389
- Cabins: 2
- Heating: No
- Heads: 1
- Showers: 1
- Watertank Size: 114 Litres
- Engine Make: Volvo Penta
- Horsepower: 13hp
- Drive Type: Saildrive
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Tank Size: 50 Litres
1981 Carter 30
"Avalon of Langstone" is a Carter 30 which has well proven reputation for impressive and sea kindly performance having a fin keel, with a practical layout which offers safety and comfort at sea. “Avalon of Langstone” has been in her current ownership for the last 3 years. She offers 6 berths in two cabins. Being sold as owner has a change in circumstances. 2019 Survey report available upon written request.
This Carter 30 offers 6 berths in 2 cabins with approx. 6' standing headroom. Forward cabin has a V-berth forward with infill converting to double and hatch to deck.
There is a separate heads compartment to port with stainless steel washbasin and shower.
The saloon has an L-shaped settee to port which converts to a double berth and a single settee berth to starboard, both approx. 6'3" long, and a central saloon table with folding leaves.
The Chart table is to starboard with quarter berth aft.The Galley is to port consisting of a 2-burner gas hob and grill, cool box and stainless steel sink. It has a 114 litre freshwater tank. Upholstered in light brown check fabric throughout.
The companionway steps lead up to a reasonable sized cockpit which has good locker space.
Mechanical and Rigging
This Carter 30 has a 13hp Volvo Penta 2 cylinder MD 7A located under the cockpit sole with direct cooling. The engine is linked to a Saildrive 110s unit. Control is by a Volvo Penta single lever morse control. It has a folding 2 blade propeller.
There is an alloy fuel tank with a capacity of 57 litres. She has a cruising speed of 5-6 knots with a maximum speed of 7 knots.
2 x 12 volt batteries (1 x engine 2020 plus 1 x domestic 2018) both 74Ah, charging from alternator and 240 volt battery charger, shorepower connection and solar panel.
Spars and Sails
A Masthead Bermudan Sloop rig . Proctor Alloy Mast and boom with alloy Spinnaker pole. Stainless Steel standing rigging (new 2008) The running rigging material is Terylene. The Furling system is by Rotostay.
- 2 x Barlow 25 2 speed sheet winches
- 3 x Barlow 16 single speed Halyard winches
- 1 x Lewmar 30 single speed
- 2 x Barlow 16 single speed
- 1 x Lewmar 6 single speed on the boom
- 1 x Mainsail, (Dacron very good condition)
- 1 x Working jib, Dacron very good condition, new UV strip 2020)
- 1 x Genoa Dacron, (Telesails 2008 very good condition)
- 1 x Spinnaker, (Nylon by Cranfield sails and unused excellent condition).
- 3 x Fire Extinguishers
- 1 x Fire Blanket
- 1 x Cockpit Harness point
- 2 x Harnesses
- 2 x Lifejackets
- 1 x Deck light
- 1 x Horseshoe lifebuoy
- 1 x Floating light
- 1 x Electric bilge pump
- 2 x Manual bilge pump
- 1 X Radar reflector
- First aid kit
- Compass, Plastimo mini contest x 2
- Depth, Nassa Clipper (pre 2008 )
- Speed/log, Nassa Clipper (pre 2008 )
- GPS, Garmin GPS 128
- Autopilot, (Tiller)
- VHF Radio 2020 (ICOM M330 DSC)
- Deck and Mast level navigation lights
- Various South coast and some East coast charts
- Anchors - 1 x CQR 9kg and 1 x kedge CQR anchor with 30m chain and warp
- Mainsail cover
- Boarding ladder
- 6 x Fenders
- 8 x Warps
- Boat hook and 2 x scrubbers
History and Construction
Built in 1980 at the Teliga yard in Poland to a design by Dick Carter. White GRP hull and superstructure with moulded non-slip deck surfaces. Lead fin keel. Tiller steering to skeg hung rudder. Self-draining aft cockpit. Teak toe rail. This vessel has had approx 7 previous owners. This vessel is on the British Ships Part 1 Register
Contact NYB Kent
Network Yacht Brokers Kent
Chatham Maritime Marina
- Telephone: [+44]  1634 571605
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer : Network Yacht Brokers Kent offers the details of this vessel for sale but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of the information contained in the specification or warrant the condition of the vessel or equipment. A buyer should instruct his agents, or surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered for sale subject to no prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.