- Manufacturer: Aquastar
- Price: £49250
- Location: Ramsgate
- Year: 1986
- LOA: 38'0" (11.58m)
- Beam: 12' 7'' (3.84m)
- Berths: 6
- Draft: 1.04
- Keel: Semi Displacement
- ID no.: 38219
- Cabins: 4
- Heating: Yes
- Heads: 2
- Showers: 2
- Watertank Size: 450 Litres
- Engine Make: Ford Sabre
- Horsepower: 250hp
- Drive Type: Shaft drive
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Tank Size: 1363 Litres
The Aquastar Ocean Star 38 combines excellent sea-keeping abilities with comfortable accommodation and solid build quality. "Tolerance" is a well equipped boat which has benefited from many improvements during her ownership. Owner is open to offers for a quick sale as he has found a larger motorboat. Berthed in Ramsgate Marina, Kent where a berth is available. Last out of the water August 2019. Engines last serviced July 2019.
The Aquastar 38 layout offers up to six berths in four cabins, with two double sleeping cabins away from the main accommodation. All cabin lights have been upgraded to LED
FORWARD CABIN: Large V berth with infill, hanging locker, storage lockers and opening hatch to deck.
HEADS COMPARTMENT: Separate heads to starboard with marine toilet new 2018, washbasin, shower and stowage.
GALLEY AND LOWER DINETTE: U-shaped galley equipped with 2-burner gas cooker with grill and oven, microwave, refrigerator (240v), stainless steel sink, draining board and ample stowage space. The dinette opposite to port has a table which drops to convert to a double berth if required. Steps lead up to main saloon. New TV 2018
WHEELHOUSE SALOON: Twin helm seat to port with full engine instrumentation, adjustable plotter angle and door to side deck. Navigators seat to starboard with door to side deck and settee aft. Spacious seating area to port, electrically raised/lowered table and further storage. Useful storage in various lockers. Steps up to fly bridge and steps down to aft cabin. Blue velour upholstery and cream blinds. Headroom 5'6" to 5'11" across a span of 8'0"
AFT CABIN: Large island double berth and excellent storage in various lockers, drawers and hanging lockers. Opening hatch to deck. En-suite heads compartment with electric marine toilet new 2015, washbasin, shower, mirror and stowage. New TV 2018
GENERAL EQUIPMENT: Diesel fired warm air heating system replaced 2017. Hot and cold pressurised water system via calorifier with immersion coil. Blue cotton upholstery and complimenting cream and blue curtains in the sleeping cabins and dinette.
EXTERNAL SPACE: The flybridge has a duplicate set of controls, helm and navigator positions with steps down either side to the side decks.
Mechanical and Rigging
6 x 140AH 12v Batteries charged via engine alternators ( 4 x domestic and 2x engine) all new 2018 Shore power system with ring mains, immersion coil for water heating, Victron 50A battery charger and isolator transformer with soft start device. Vetus split charge diode regulators. HFL 2.5kw diesel generator with remote start, lightly used and last serviced in July 2019. 1800w Inverter.
Located under the wheelhouse sole, twin Ford Sabre 6-cylinder 250hp turbo diesel engines. . Freshwater cooled via heat exchangers. Dual station hydraulic steering. Vetus twin lever electronic engine controls at both helms. Electric start with engine preheaters (new 2003). Twin shaft drives with rope cutters to 4-bladed propellers (new propellers 2004 and shaft 2015). 1363 litres fuel capacity. Trim tabs. Sleipner 75kw bowthruster with controls at both helms (new 2001). Vetus manifold temperature alarms (2010). New P brackets fitted 2015. New seacocks fitted 2015. Engines last serviced July 2019
- CQR 15kg anchor with60m of chain
- 10kg CQR anchor
- Electric anchor windlass
- All round stainless steel handrails
- 4 x Stainless steel fender baskets
- Folding stainless steel radar arch
- Bathing platform with stainless steel transom and swim ladders
- Stainless steel bollards and coachroof grab rails
- 3 x Heavy duty windscreen wipers with grease points
- Dark blue aft cockpit dodgers and screen cover
- Flybridge cover dark blue new 2013
- Various boathooks in holders
- Warps and fenders
- Dinghy - 2 man
- Plastimo compass
- Raymarine RAY230E DSC VHF radio with flybridge control (new 2002)
- Probe Interphase forward facing echo sounder
- Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data combined echo sounder and speed/log (new 1999)
- Raymarine E7 colour Chartplotter (new 2015)
- Lowrance HDS8M broadband radar and colour chart plotter (new 2010)
- Autohelm 7000 autopilot with control head
- ICS Nav4 Navtex Plus weather instrument (new 2002)
- Stereo CD/radio system
- Loud hailer and intercom system
- Sestrel barometer/thermometer and clock
- Various charts and navigational publications
- Raymarine VHF radio controller (new 2002)
- Raymarine ST60 Multi repeater with echo sounder and speed (new 2002)
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot control head (new 2002)
- Chartplotter new 2017 with AIS and forward SONAR
- Fire extinguishers
- Micro-K engine compartment fire extinguisher system (new 2002)
- Gas alarm
- First aid kit
- Seago 6-man liferaft (last serviced 2010)
- 2 x Horseshoe lifebuoys in brackets
- Life sling
- PA / loud hailer system
- Radar reflector
- Automatic electric bilge pump with manual and hydrostatic switching
- Automatic electric bilge pump with alarm and electronic switching
- Manual bilge pump
Aquastar Ocean Star 38 moulded by Aqua-Star Ltd in 1986 and fitted out by Custom Yachts, Southampton. Blue Awlgrip painted GRP semi-displacement hull (copper coated) with long keel profile, varnished teak chine rails and substantial rubbing strakes. White GRP superstructure with blue Awlgrip painted styling stripe, flybridge and varnished teak trim. Grey Treadmaster non-slip deck surfaces. Dual helm wheel steering to twin rudders. Folding radar arch.
Tolerance has been maintained and updated by the current owner including many cosmetic and practical upgrades and the previous owner who had the boat for 13 years. These include electronic throttle controls, navigation upgrades, safety improvements including various alarms and improvements, steering gear modifications, replacement props and shafts, fitting soft start and preheating devices, filter contamination alarms and various cosmetic upgrades. The owners have developed a very friendly detailed User Manual for the boat which is available. Last out of the water August 2019 when anodes were changed. Selling as moving up to a large motorboat.
Contact NYB Kent
Network Yacht Brokers Kent
Clarke & Carter Interyacht (Kent) Ltd
Chatham Maritime Marina
- Telephone: [+44]  1634 571605
- Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer : offers the details of this vessel for sale but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of the information contained in the specification or warrant the condition of the vessel or equipment. A buyer should instruct his agents, or surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered for sale subject to no prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.